Wednesday, May 2, 2012

More words without pictures

Way overdue for a post but really busy and went out of town last weekend for an awesome mountain biking weekend with Kris, Ben, and Matt R.   Great times on buff singletrack, hard gravel, and awesome food.  Mulberry Gap. 

Garden notes:
I need to take some pictures- see busy, above.

Next big action is to weed like hell in the front garden, put in a few more plants to fill holes, and then mulch like hell too.  This is all going down Sunday this weekend (5/6/12). 

Vegetable garden is rocking too.  I am going to diagram the vegetable garden on graph paper and then sticky it onto the sidebar somehow, guessing I can do that.  Each raised bed will be numbered, and then photos will reference number. 

Peas, spinach, lettuce, arugula all producing strong.  Potatoes are 6-10" high.  Cabbage and cauliflower are first-ever crops for me, are getting eaten by something, not sure what.  Kassi bought a random kohlrabi, that should be interesting.  Broccoli bolted, letting flower to attract beneficials.  Swiss chard chugging along. Dug in the fence line bed one last time tonight, I think I am going to plant corn in it.  Strawberries are doing good, but I am deliberately plucking flower heads to promote growth for next year.  On Saturday, 5/12, I will be planting tenders- summer squash, zukes, cukes, tomatoes, more peppers, etc.  Garlic and onions will probably be done about 3 weeks from now, will replace with potatoes and maybe more zukes/cukes try and spread the harvest.   Will be planting some cukes in the next day or so as Kassi bought some random plants the other day. 

That's all for now, I promise pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment