Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pictures are worth 10,009 words

Alright, did actually get the mulch project done on Sunday, thanks Kassi for helping me weed- it made the difference!

First shot is from across the street:

Thatsa goodlookin'house!


from the front edge of the yard...I said I needed to learn how to trim azaleas, but...


they're still pretty!

Here's more shots of the newly weeded and mulched bed:


and close, front left corner...


In the pot far away is a tall blue flowered thing Kassi bought.  Butterfly weed is in front of that, elephant ear behind.  Blackeyed susans lie in the foreground, with some random violets.
This is the same elephant ear that was frost damanged, it handled it well.


On the road behind the mailbox, more elephant ears, echinicea, gladiolas, something random, irs, yarrow, calla lilies, some dianthus you can't see- actually a lot going on here.


The first echincea...




Ready to play thurgebnia (sp?), or black-eyed susan vine, on the teep trellis, actually have planted as of this writing , looks really good.



Have planted these now, from road are four foxgloves, then a new one to me called Texas something...the local grower's fair was at the farmer's market this past weekend, so I had never seen it before and it was pretty, I bought it.  The two closest pots are bee balms.



The day lilies are looking great, going to to be very pretty...my shadow is not so pretty.

alright, that's it for now- I've got a bunch more photos to post of veggie garden, will try to post those tommorow.


No comments:

Post a Comment