Sunday, June 2, 2013

More lessons

So, again, this is a journal.  At the end of the year, I need to do a summary review of positive and negative lessons learned.  Here, in photos, is way.  Photos are about a week old.


About 1/2 of my broccoli bolted; the other did not.  I must have planted two varieties but did not note which.  This is a mistake- documented the varieties! 


Bolted, but leaving in as the flowers supposedly will attract beneficial insects.


I've planted Pontiac Red potatoes in the past and had great results.  I tried Yukon Golds this year and the plants are both less robust and I have these "holes" in the beds.  I also tried smaller, "one eye" pieces of seed potato.  I will return to using the pontiacs and planting bigger, multi-eye chunks next year and compare the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment