Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Front perennial bed update

Most of my garden time is focussed on vegetables right now, but the perennial garden requires attention this time of year too.  I'd say I spend about 80% of my time in the vegetable garden, which includes managing compost- this takes about one hour a week from March to now to ensure plenty of finished product.  Anyway, this is what the perennial bed is doing right now....

Flame Azalea, this and all my azaleas are going to get a serious pruning soon. 

Pretty hostas arrangement at the base of the azalea- obviously, it's pretty shady right there.

This is front garden looking out from the house.   It's designed to look good from the window/ when I go out to my car.

I need to research what kind of flower this is, I have forgotten.  It flowers very well this time of year.


This will be daisies, butterfly bush, and random blue flowers I don't know the name, should be very full when grown in.

I will trim the heck out of the lamb's ear, it's out of control.  Dwarf hydrangea front right, don't really like it but it's there.  Phlox are the two green tall things behind it; elephant ears are below the pot and a little bit behind not covered.  I covered all the elephant ears last night just in case, they're the most delicate thing I have growing and it was about 41 degrees when I woke up this morning.

Peony bush.

Covered with buds, very pleased with this- I moved it from a too shady spot.

Irises are looking good.


Lots of echincea.

Firewitch or dianthus.

This lavendar really filled in this spring..


Daylilies rocking out.


Nice little laundry tub with zinnias, snapdragons, and whatever those other things are.

2 comments:

  1. In the event that you have in mind a composting task in addition to would like to enjoy the benefits with it, you then may as well look at hand-picking your individual Compost Bin Options. However in case you are also into the handy aspect, and is particularly prepared to help to make a single of ones own as an alternative to getting those commercially-made packing containers, you then may as well produce your individual Homemade
    Compost Bin Plans
    . In general, not just will be constructing your individual compost trash programs less costly, it is equally heading as a significant item you on your own built. It's rather a pleasant, little good results.

    ReplyDelete