Sunday, May 5, 2013

Last week's garden shots.

These photos show how quick a spring garden can grow in two weeks.  We had a great mix of rain, warmth and coolness, and sunshine.  I'll get current garden photos up some time this week. Also, I'm trying the add caption feature on blogger...it puts captions below the photos.  I'll have to figure out if there's a way to re-set that, I prefer the words above the pictures usually. 


Pea trellis, lettuce, spinach, arugula, chard...look at that growth!

The lettuce in the cold frame is full size. I have more lettuce than we can eat!

The baby's are growing....kale, lettuce, arugula, onions.

Bigger onions.

I'm verry happy with this bed of napa and broccoli.

Garlic is getting substanial.

Strawberris, growing.
 
Strong flowers with baby fruit.

This box is full of carrot seedlings.
This is great picture of them, it's going to be my header image for a little while.

2 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity, why the wood box boarders? What benefit does it add vs having it on the ground?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one wood box raised bed is because I had a bunch of scrap wood and wanted to see if it would be more productive. It is not. However, this year, I am attempting to grow carrots in it as they do not always produce well in our local, heavy clay soils. The idea is that with the raised bed with much looser soil, the carrots will be able to establish themselves.

    ReplyDelete