Sunday, May 5, 2013

Massive rainy day poststravaganzoplois

or whatever...

It's a rainy post-PMBAR Sunday.  I had a great time riding PMBAR with Kris Kjellquist yesterday.  Second best route choice- but the route worked for my (relatively) low fitness- by relative, I mean, I rode my bike or hiked for 12 hours under very challenging conditions on 50 or so miles of tough trail/ gravel road (mostly trail).  Only very fit people can do that.   Finishing was my goal and it was achieved with a pretty low amount of discomfort.  We beat the deluge by 10 minutes!

Anyway, this is going to be a 3 week update of posts.  First post below is the garden, three weeks ago.

Pea trellis, baby lettuce, spinach, arugula, chard.


More substanial lettuce, I think the cold frame has been a huge success.


There's lettuce, chard, and onions planted in this bed.


Onions in their bed on the fenced in garden inside the big fence.

Napa, broccoli, the slug grass is working OK.


Garlic.

Strawberries...

Flowering nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment